Wednesday, January 23, 2019

An NRA Lobbyist


I've been forwarded this quote from one and asked for my thoughts:
"I have been working with members of the Assembly and Senate to ensure they fully understand the dangers of poorly drafted red flag legislation and the due process violations that come with. "
Now that's some industrial grade weasel-wording right there. Note he doesn't define what well-drafted citizen disarmament edicts should look like.

I haven't been this assured since they told me Harry Reid was "a true champion of the Second Amendment"!

Unwavering!

[Via Lawrence S]

2 comments:

Henry said...

The bottom line of red flag laws is that the only thing that distinguishes a red-flag law from currently existing legislation is its total violation of due process. Cut, print, ship. There is no constitutional red flag law. NRA is once more down the rabbit hole, and still digging.

Tim D said...

Well, let's just cut out the weasel words to figure out what they are saying:

from
"I have been working with members of the Assembly and Senate to ensure they fully understand the dangers of poorly drafted red flag legislation and the due process violations that come with. "

to
"I have been working with members of the Assembly and Senate to draft red flag legislation and the due process violations that come with. "