Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Darwin Award Nominee Sparks Call for More Gun Control

Steven Zorn had put the pen gun to his head and clicked before, thinking it was jammed and would not work.

But on the third try, the tiny, silver pistol went off as the 22-year-old budding rap artist was drinking to celebrate an impending record deal. He died later at the hospital.

Three tries? Tough to feel sorry for him. Actually, the fact that he was a "budding rap artist" was almost enough to clinch it for me.

Stupid way to live, stupid way to die.

And of course, his mother has now become a leading voice for "common sense gun control":

McCoy-Horn wants to see pen guns outlawed. She said several schools have expressed interest in having her come to speak out against the weapons. And she would also like to take her message to the Legislature.

"I've cried and cried so much, but I'm mad now," McCoy-Horn said. "Something's got to be done."

I suppose if the moron had taken three tries to kill himself with a rectal thermometer, she'd want those banned, too.

Sorry, but her reaction of blaming the object and seeking out new ways to attack my rights makes it tough to feel sorry for her, too. It's not my fault she raised a son who was too stupid to live. I refuse to be punished for it.

UPDATE: Since creating this post, much of the original story, including the part about his mother calling for more gun control, has been removed. They also, for some reason, changed "budding rap singer" to "budding rap artist." As of this writing, you can still find an unchopped version here. You can learn more of the young Mr. Zorn, aka "Mr. Pit", as in exploiting the stereotype of pit bulls, here.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness HE'S out of the gene pool!

E. David Quammen said...

Which reminds me...How come there isn't a HUGE public and Media out cry for STUPIDITY CONTROL?

Anonymous said...

Obviously, destructive insanity is hereditary in that family. Let's hope he was the end of the line.

However, I would support a bill to outlaw rap, rap artists, and mothers that sell their stupid dead sons for temporary fame. Oh,yeah, also outlaw the rest that dance in the blood of the stupid dead son for an attempt to punish those not involved.

For those mothers that sell their heroic dead sons for fame I think some form of medieval torture would be appropriate, we could call it the Sheehan Effect.

Anybody besides me get the idea that these women have Sarah Brady Syndrome? You know the syndrome. The one that causes these women to care not for facts and causes them to be secretly elated for their chance at fame, and at such a small price.

I could be tired of them and bitter at the continued struggle to maintain my rights in face of their unjustified and insane attacks on the rights of every law abiding citizen in the country. Yeah, that might be why I am so cynical about their fidelity to their stated cause. Or it could be I am just too damned hard to fool.

Which makes one wonder why we have so many fools that can't wait to get on board every disaster bound train to Tyranny,USA.

AlanDP said...

I think I might actually support the banning of rectal thermometers, just on general principles.

Anonymous said...

Are you contemplating what I'm contemplating,Pinky?

David Codrea said...

I think so, Brain, but where are we going to find a duck and a hose at this hour?

Anonymous said...

(Spews coffee on computer screen, while chokingly and rackingly attempts to laugh) I'm glad you didn't say, "But burlap chafes me so".