Thursday, December 01, 2005

Gary, Indiana, Gary, Indiana, Gary, In...

"If I can keep a gun out of someone's hands by not keeping one in my house, that's what I'll do. I figure if I'm in a situation I can either talk my way out of it or it's my time, then it's my time. I was brought up in church. It's not that I'm tough, it's just those things don't scare me."


You'd better hope to God you never have to put that inane theory to the test, pal.

All the bad choices documented in this article--but it's the gun's fault...

And Gary, Indiana used to be such a nice place...

[Thanks to HZ]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

From the article: "...amid the blood bath officers found crack cocaine cooking on the stove."

Yup. Too many guns on the streets caused this crime. Uh-huh.

Peet in W.Mass

Anonymous said...

You want to live that way, idjit child, go ahead. But you do NOT have the authority to inflict your mental disorder on me!

Anonymous said...

Maybe you can just use the same line that the girl in NYC used this summer.

"What are you going to do? Shoot me?"

Kirk

E. David Quammen said...

Let me see, where to start....Oh yeah, how about....She knew he was selling drugs, but he didn't do it around her. So she ignored it.....
She is the one that is guilty, she was complicit in her childs death.

The convenient way for anyone to shed guilt is to blame someone or something else! That is ONE of THE MAJOR PROBLEMS in our Country these days. Lack of responsibility.
It's the ploy used by our politicians! Cast blame and through the spotlight, off of their evils, and onto another real or imagined problem.

It is up to us to declare TRUTH at every possible oppurtunity. Truth is the ONLY way to overcome lies.