Sunday, December 11, 2005

Night of the Living Guns

Seventy-six people have been killed by violence in Cincinnati this year - most by guns.

No Sharon Coolidge, you hack propagandist. ALL were killed by people.

I once wrote another reporterette to make this distinction, and you wouldn't believe how snotty and defensive she got. She claimed everybody knew what she meant, and I was just being petty.

And look at the jury (well, there are 12) The Enquirer put together to judge the effects of guns in society. Cops, political hacks and anti-defense community activists. Nope, no bias there.

I sure am glad the government will decide who gets to be an authorized journalist. We sure wouldn't want any unauthorized views creeping into the debate.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now, come on, David C.! We all know guns sneak out of their houses at night looking for people to shoot! They walk, and load themselves, and pull their own triggers! This stuff is just common knowledge!

O.K., I'm just kidding! But Sharon Coolidge is a complete asshat! (BTW, what is an asshat?)

David Codrea said...

RJ: All you need to know about "asshat":
http://www.confusednation.com/asshat/

I used it once, and am probably going to stop--like my kids tell me, "Dad, it's not cool when YOU say it."

Besides, I've probably jumped on the bandwagon long after it's passe.

Kinda makes me want to go out and buy a PT Cruiser.

Anonymous said...

Dave C.

NOOOOO!!!! NOT A P.T. CRUISER?!?!? WHAT AM I GONNA DO??? WE JUST BOUGHT ONE!!! NOW YOU SAY THEY'RE PASSE????

Oh, the shame! The shame!!

Anonymous said...

Just read the link, Dave C.! ROTFLMAO!!!

David Codrea said...

Don't look to ME to be a trend-setter, r.j.--I still say things like "Swell!"

Anonymous said...

I think that's just keen.

Anonymous said...

I never really overcame my early childhood in Los Angeles in the '60s. I still say "Cool!" and "Bitchin!"

I'm not totally lost in the past, though. I have always, since it's inception, thought that the PT Cruiser resembles nothing more than the product of miscegnation between a VW Beetle and a hearse.

Sorry, r.j.