Sunday, January 22, 2006

On a Personal Note...


Just in case anyone besides me is interested in...umm...me, I decided to put a face to a name, and also tell you how to pronounce that name. I know I get preconceptions about people based on what I imagine they must be like, so I hope the grim reality doesn't alienate anyone.

First, my name is pronounced Ko'dree-yuh, with a long "o" and the accent on the first syllable. Kinda like "Gloria" ...

This picture is me and youngest son Qusay, taken around 5 years ago. I don't have a lot of pictures of me, because I'm always taking pictures of the monster and brother Uday, instead. I think I'm imitating Yul Brynner singing "Shall We Dance" from The King and I here, and the poor kid is too young to be embarrassed.

And finally, just in case anyone cares what I sound like, you can click here for my first (and last) attempt at audioblogging. When I hear myself, I can't believe that's what I really sound like, and vow to never speak again.

Anyway, this is me. I hope no one is overly disappointed.

7 comments:

AlanDP said...

You look younger than I had thought.

Anonymous said...

You sounded fine. I kind of like audioblogging, as long as the piece is reasonably short, which yours was.
Morenuancedthanyou

Stan said...

Your trigger lock piece, very good, I saw one for the first time in real life, my mother just bought a .380. It took her more than 2 seconds. My reaction... a lot worse than yours.

E. David Quammen said...

Damn man, your almost the spittin' image of my brother! Small world!

Anonymous said...

Smiling and the son is too. Great picture. Keep smiling,dude, the good ones always do.

Nicki said...

I did say you were a hottie at one point, didn't I? ;-)

Anonymous said...

I figured you for older. Glad you are not. There is so much ahead of you. And you're on the side of the angels.

Keep that picture, good blackmail material when he gets older and doesn't want to listen.