Thursday, January 12, 2006

"Our Constitutional Right to Bear Arms..."

Fine words coming from a Maryland sheriff, albeit one passing out pitchfork murderer-enabling gadgets.

I wonder if he understands what an unalienable right is, and more specifically, the meaning of "shall not be infringed"?

Their website (sorry, they use frames so I can't drill you in to a specific page) offers us some clues.

Under "Community Services," we see a "Firearm Safety Certification Course," where we're informed:
Anyone who wants to purchase a handgun in Maryland must attend this course. The course consists of classroom instruction only. NO HANDGUNS ARE PEMITTED [sic].

So in order to exercise a Constitutional right, you need their prior "pemission". And, when in their presence, or apparently wherever else they deem not "pemitted", you may not exercise your Constitutional right.

I'm glad we cleared that up.

Tags: ,

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, you probably can circumvent the frames to get the URL of a specific page. A right-click on the desired link should give you options including opening the link in a new browser window and/or a new tab. Doing either will provide the direct URL to that page. I don't know if all browsers do this (never used IE for anything but testing site designs; and haven't used Netscape in years), but every decent one should offer you at least one of those options.

David Codrea said...

You obviously don't know how inept I am at all things technical--I can't find that feature on my Talking Elmo PC for Pre-Schoolers...but thanks for the tip--will try it out...I think I need to click on Big Bird...

David Codrea said...

Thanks, Sunni--it worked!

I feel like Homer Simpson when he sang:

I am smart!
I am smart!
S-M-R-T...I mean, S-M-A-R-T!

Anonymous said...

LOL, David!

Happy to have been of help.