Saturday, April 08, 2006

We're the Only Ones Goombah Enough...

TWO ex-New York cops were last night facing life behind bars after they were convicted of secretly working as Mafia hitmen.

Louis Eppolito, 57, and Stephen Caracappa, 64, were involved in the assassination of at least eight people for the Mob while serving as detectives.

They also sold drugs, intimidated witnesses, carried out kidnappings and helped Mafia bosses with money laundering scams.
And what do you think would have happened to a regular citizen if he got a piece and popped these two meat eaters?

[More from "The Only Ones" files...]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe one of their former associates and a present day high ranking officer in the department has advocated death for anyone that "so much as lifts a finger against an officer".

I did get that right, didn't I David. I seem to recall you posting on it.

David Codrea said...

Right you are, Straightarrow--it was J. Patrick Lynch, head of the NYPD Malevo...I mean, Benevolent Association, who said:

"We need to make it clear that if someone lifts even a finger against a police officer, their life could be on the line."

Patrick wants to make sure that Iceman and Fat Paulie...I mean, Louis and Stephen, don't get hurt in carrying out their assigned hits...I mean, duties.

E. David Quammen said...

I've often wondered if the dreams hoped for in Godfather II nad III has indeed come to pass? (Where it was the desire of he Corleone familia to get into the White House). It would explain a lot of things.