Friday, September 15, 2006

Gun Show Expected to Draw Crowds

Organizers of the upcoming Craig Gun and Sport Show are expecting the largest show in the event's history.

"Everything a hunter, sportsmen or shooter would want," said Dick Becker, a Maybell resident and member of the sponsoring Bears Ears Sportsman Club, of the items available at the show. "Camouflage, guns, supplies, scopes, mounts ... This will be the biggest show in Northwest Colorado."

I remember when we used to have the Great Western show at the LA County Fairgrounds, back before the Board of Supervisors evicted it as an exercise in hostility against gun owners. It would routinely draw 40,000 over a weekend.

I remember how disgusted I was when the Million Moms/Brady Campaign held a rally in front of the federal building in Westwood--they had thousands of Birkenstock liberals, plus bussed-in inner cityites. On our side of the street, we could never manage more than a hundred or so.

This was on a weekend, so nobody would have had to miss work. I guess those 40,000 gun owners must have had something better to do.

I don't have statistical backup, but I estimate less than 5% of gun owners carry 99% of the load when it comes to protecting our rights. The rest are, in my opinion, no better than welfare parasites, who exist off the efforts of others.

If that doesn't change, things could get real ugly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your post reminds me of Anna Benson's (wife of MLB pitcher Kris Benson)interview on the Cam Edward's show in support of the the right to bear arms. She prattled on and on about how she grew up around guns and wouldn't hesitate to use them if necessary and how it was her right as an American to keep and bear arms etc, etc. All went well until she revealed at the end of the interview that she wasn't a member of the NRA, or any other pro gun rights group.

David Codrea said...

Declan, she's basically a self-promoter with no clue as to what rkba truly means--this is a quote from her treatise on "gun rights":
"This does not mean that I don't support gun control, because I do. But even with gun controls in place, I still want to protect my right to defend myself, my home, and my family."

What does Carlos Mencia say?

Dee-dee-deee...