Sunday, November 05, 2006

I'd Rather Have a Machine Gun

The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) launched a drive Sunday in Bosnia-Herzegovina a contest calling on all owners of illegally held weapons to turn them in and enter a lottery to win a number of attractive prizes.

All those who decide to hand over weapons left from the country's 1992-1995 war may win a scooter or any of numerous home appliances, the UNDP said.
Why am I reminded of Mrs. Presky reacting to her game show prize on Firesign Theater's magnificent "Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers"...?

[Sound file link via Sneaking Suspicions]

3 comments:

E. David Quammen said...

All those who decide to hand over weapons left from the country's 1992-1995 war may win a scooter or any of numerous home appliances, (the UNDP) said (the spider to the fly).

me said...

I'd like to hand over an unelected UN POS to win a scooter. That, or require all "peacekeepers" to use these in their door-to-door search when they decide it's time to confiscate.

http://images.43things.com/place/00/04/32/275130lr.jpg

Fletch said...

Wow, a scooter for my ability to protect myself, my family, and my loved ones? Where do I sign up?!