Monday, November 06, 2006

Professional Help Needed: Inquire Within

Bob ricker said...
David:
You know I really think you need some professional help. There is more that a successful plaintiff in a libal [sic] suit must prove than malice alone. They must also prove damages. Quite frankly, having a nut case like you attack me does more to bolster my credibility than damage it. Fire away Dave!
God, that really chaps my hide.

Being called "Dave."

As for the rest, if this person posting as Robert "Judas" Ricker really is him (a lawyer misspells "libel"?), you'll notice none of the proofs I presented about his betrayals, the fraudulent American Hunters and Shooters Association, or his relationship with BATFU retirees at Crime Gun Solutions have been addressed. Knowingly presenting false information--that's the third component of a libel suit that he conveniently will not address.

No, that's because I need professional help. And so, presumably, do you, if you agree with me and find Ricker contemptible.

I also note he hasn't addressed where AHSA does get most of its funding, although those records will be available soon enough, and I'll get to that when they are. As for "firing away," this has been an interesting side diversion, but he's really not important enough to dwell on. About the only other question I have at this time is whether or not he's going to renounce that "CCRKBA Gun Rights Defender of the Month" award he got back in '99...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course he's not going to renounce the endorsement! That's why we'll continue to call him "Judas" Ricker!

As for his misspelling of "libel", there are a lot of lawyers showing stupidity in their decisions, especially those concerning the Bill of Rights. So I'm not the least bit surprised that he misspells words.

E. David Quammen said...

Being called "Dave."

Never really bothered me. Now, when someone launched into their rendition of "Davy, Davy Crockett". That used to really chap my hide!

Anonymous said...

Bob Ricker is so low, he could tip toe under a snake, with a tophat on.

Anonymous said...

David C., didn't you notice that was Ricker's surrender statement?

Sort of like the skanky girlfriend caught en flagrante delicto protesting that "if you had only trusted me, you wouldn't be mad at me and everything would be alright,so it's your fault we're having all this trouble."

I mean really didn't his statement remind you of a wh...
er,uh, indiscriminately friendly for profit "companion" defending her,uh,business decisions?

Ergo, the surrender to fact, now the counterattack. I do believe that is what I read.

Anonymous said...

Actually, a plaintiff often does not have to prove damages in a defamation cause of action under certain circumstances:
1. Where the professional conduct of the plaintiff is affected;
2. Where the defendant stated that the plaintiff had a loathsome disease; or,
3. Where the virginity of a woman has been impugned (!?)

As for Ricker, I do not know what got under his saddle, but his behavior has been nothing short of spectacularly infamous. He was somewhat helpful to me when I spoke with him during the days of the ASSC, but now ...

Anonymous said...

Why would I renounce the CCRKBA tribute? I am proud of all the work I have done to protect the 2nd Amendment- including stepping forward when I saw others doing things that dishonored our heritage. Now Dave, how many times have you been honored for your work in the name of gun rights? Is that reason for all the hateful comments, I got the award and you didn't?

David Codrea said...

Tell you what, "Bob"--I'll be happy to continue to give you all the publicity you want, just do one thing for me: Prove you're who you say you are.

Send me an email: dcodrea at hotmail dot com from either your Crime Guns Solutions or AHSA domains.

Anonymous said...

David.

Don't feed the trolls.

This is obviously NOT Bob Ricker. Someone with an adolescent personality (perhaps an actual adolescent) is giggling hysterically every time you reply to him/her/it. This seems to me to be someone who is simply starved for attention and screaming "look at me, look at me". They probably have purple hair, are covered in tatoos and body piercings and drive around neighborhoods so that the bass in their stereo makes their car vibrate like a baby rattle.

My opinion: let the trolls die of attention starvation.

David Codrea said...

Sailorcurt, yes, I've been careful to voice my suspicions about this in each post, and the original Knox News "No Silence" blog I comented at also referred to him as "a guy claiming to be Bob Ricker."

As loathsome as the guy is, it's hard to believe an attorney of national rep... uh... notoriety would take to commenting on blogs, and I haven't received that email, so I think our suspicions are probably well-founded.

But here's the rub: we're either dealing with an habitual liar and loser or we're dealing with Bob Ricker. You see the dilemma...