Monday, November 20, 2006

Villaraigosa: Do as I Say

The mayor rarely, if ever, takes the bus or the train to work. Instead, he rides around town in a GMC Yukon chauffeured by a Los Angeles police officer who doubles as a bodyguard.
So in spite of haranguing We the Subjects into public transit, El Rey de Los Angeles sticks to his royal coach.

I went looking for this story because local radio quoted him as saying the people responsible for his protection thought public travel would present a security risk.

And needless to say, King Antonio I is one of the Bloomburgomeisters.

So allow me to translate the message His Highness is sending to We the Rabble:
I don't trust you, either to ride with me or to provide for your own protection. I consider the conveyances I expect you to ride in to be so unsafe and unsecured that I fear using them. But I don't care if you get hurt or killed--the important thing is that I'm insulated and protected.

Y'know, as much as I hate to admit it, I believe His Lordship may have a point: Anyone stupid enough to vote for this elitist hypocrite probably is too stupid to own a gun.

2 comments:

E. David Quammen said...

Isn't it interesting, how that the SERVANTS get their "Blessing of Liberty" secured. While the ones for whom the 'behemoth' was originally instituted, are left in the dust? And get their "Blessings of Liberty" controlled, regulated or removed altogether?

Think some change are in order....

Anonymous said...

I clicked on the link www.mayorsagainstillegalguns.org and was reminded that our wonderful mayor here in Atlanta, Shirley Franklin, is a member of the Mayors Against the US Constitution. And she's hosting a meeting for regional coalition members on Nov. 30. How quaint. I wonder where it will be...