Tuesday, January 16, 2007

A Fairfax Republican

A northern Virginia senator is taking aim at gun shows with legislation to require private sellers to run criminal background checks on their customers.

Sen. Jeanne-marie Devolites Davis, R-Fairfax, said Monday that the so-called gun show loophole makes it all too easy for criminals to get firearms.

Fairfax? That's some lobbying success.

Until the Republicans are shown that creatures like this will be repelled at the polls, they will continue to betray their duty to the Constitution.

I also like the quote from the little girl, which is an accurate measure of the mindset of so-called "adults" who bleat to be disarmed.

I don't suppose with all this renewed interest in background checks that our Fairfax gun lobby will show any interest in an alternative?

4 comments:

me said...

Hey Kailey Leinz, here's something you should read. if you want to "feel" safe

Read it, then realize your sheep-like comments are exactly the reason you WON'T be safe there.

Anonymous said...

Fairfax? Hey, you think Wayne wrote this one too?

Anonymous said...

"an alternative?"

I am quite upset... I have been reading this site, packing.org, thehighroad.org, and various other sites for hours every week, ususally hours a day. And today is the first I have heard of the BIDS. I would think that this would be pushed by the NRA, GOA, SAS....

David Codrea said...

Bill, I've posted quite a bit on this, both on WarOnGuns and long before I ever established this blog. There's more details on BIDS posted today (1/18).