Friday, January 26, 2007

We're the Only Ones Breaking and Entering Enough

A 44-year-old Goose Creek police officer was arrested and charged with burglary Wednesday, authorities said...

Ellis is accused in a warrant of entering a Subway restaurant in Goose Creek around 2:50 a.m. Dec. 29 and breaking into a safe and cash register. The intruder was captured on video surveillance.

I checked the Subway Restaurant site for mention of this "Only One," but I guess they don't consider the incident "Buzzworthy."

I got this story from Cowboy Blob, who shares an interesting bit of additional information...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

David. Has it occurred to you to publish a book called "The Only Ones"? I'd bet it would be a very good seller.

Anonymous said...

I don't know why the "additional information" surprises me. The "Only Ones" commit all manner of other crimes while wearing their uniforms...

David Codrea said...

Yes, EDQ, I have. As I related in a private correspondence some time ago, I've tried all kinds of approaches, from books to columns. Either the PTB don't like my writing or they don't like my views--probably both, with not liking my looks thrown in for good measure--but I keep trying, if for no other reason than to see how many rejection letters I can collect...

Anonymous said...

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again....