Thursday, February 01, 2007

Well Now, Isn't This Nice...


Blogger wouldn't let me post this morning until I switched over to the "new" (no longer Beta) version.

Now it looks like all internal links to previous posts don't work.

Whatever happened to "if it ain't broke don't fix it"? This screws me up big time, right down to being unable to access "The Only Ones" files.

It looks like my options are what? Join one of their forums and see if anybody replies? And then spend months learning techno-geek so I know what they're talking about?

Aarrrgh!

OK, I've calmed down now--I'll go look through "Blogger help" and see if I can find an actual email address to get a live human being. As if I have time for this.

Meanwhile, if anybody has already been through this curve, I've got one word:

HELP!

UPDATE: Looks like I'm not alone.

7 comments:

E. David Quammen said...

Went through the move a week or so ago. If I remember correctly, there was an option during the switching process that had to be selected. You might go back and carefully review your settings.

And, Blogger is actually pretty good and speedy on their help.

BobG said...

Hmmm...why does the phrase "screwed the pooch" come to mind when thinking about Blogger? Remember, this is NOT a bug, but an undocumented feature...

Kurt '45superman' Hofmann said...

I switched over (just on a whim, basically) a week or two ago. I don't remember having any real problems.

Despite being on the new version of Blogspot, I was getting the same error message earlier this morning. I think Blogspot was just having issues for awhile.

Fits said...

Blogger won't permit me to switch to the new version. I've tried time and again but receive the same "wait until we get to you" reply.

Damned if we do, damned if we don't do.

Ride Fast said...

I switched many weeks ago, anticipating trouble. It went fairly easily. I choose all "change nothing" options.

The problems this morning were with Google servers and Blogspot. It's still slow and buggy tonight.

Most blogspot blogs are very small and you get queued if you have a big one. I think that means you post once a month.

As with all data on any computer, server, PDA, cell phone, PLC, DCU, DCS or switch, back everything up regularly.

Good luck and I hope you don't feel the need to start "War on Blogger".

Jay.Mac said...

I wnet over to new blogger a few days ago and all my internal links still seem to be working okay. I did hear about that before I went over. Seems a bit odd- none of the urls for the older posts have changed have they?

David Codrea said...

All now appears well--got the following from Blogger Help:
"We have fixed the problem and you should now find that your blog will display correctly again. If not, please try clearing your browser's cache and cookies, then reloading your blog."