Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Duncan Hunter on 2A

"The right to keep and bear arms is an absolute right of Americans to protect their families and their communities and their nation with firearms. In this age of post-911, Americans, I believe are comforted by the fact that our ability to resist terrorism is not limited to law enforcement or defense agencies but is also within the ability of all gun-owning Americans."

A Keyboard and a .45 saw a candidate's website lacking in information about his stand on RKBA, so he took it on himself to get things stated on the record.

Great job, JR, great leadership. This really illustrates how one man taking the initiative can get things done. It also demonstrates how blogger activism can bypass the information blackout we encounter when relying on "authorized journalists" to actually do something original and act like government watchdogs.

And in case you're wondering, GOA rates Hunter an "A."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...
9. 2nd Ammendment

But, the second amendment is not about hunting. It is about the right of you and me to be secure in our homes.

Perhaps I'm overly skeptical, but this is what we have in Killinois. We can only be secure, "in our homes."

I think we should have the right to be secure anywhere we are

Anonymous said...

I am not sure of this, but my mother tells me she thinks I may be related to Duncan Hunter.

My father's mother was a Hunter before she married my grandfather and Mama thinks it is the same branch, due in part, to visits that were made to that side of the family years and years ago.

I, on the other hand, don't think it matters all that much. But the attitude seems right.

John R said...

Thanks David.

It was reading the War on Guns that gave me the idea that we should be asking these questions and getting folks on the record so to speak.

Anonymous said...

When I ask political candidates about the 2A I like to be more specific, asking if they would support a ban on .50 cal rifles, if they support concealed carry, if they would support a ban on "high powered" rifle ammo, etc . . . because candidates will often claim to be for the 2A but wimp out on specific issues.