Thursday, March 15, 2007

Wayne Fincher Update: March 15

In unrelated proceedings, Stilley was dismissed last week as the defense attorney for Hollis Wayne Fincher, a Washington County resident convicted in January of possessing illegal, unregistered weapons. According to a report in The Morning News, Fincher cited irreconcilable differences with the attorney and requested another defender for the sentencing phase of his trial.

Stilley, who was privately retained, said he was permitted to go to the federal courthouse in Fayetteville to be formally dismissed. Fincher awaits a court-appointed defender.

Please note the new address for Wayne's defense fund, per his daughter:
The Wayne Fincher Defense Fund
PO BOX 215
Elkins Arkansas 72727

[More about Wayne Fincher via WarOnGuns]

2 comments:

E. David Quammen said...

God bless, keep and help you Wayne!

Judo Knight-Errant said...

To tell the truth, I have a great deal of difficulty these days, to feel sorry for things like this happening. In 1978, the federal government utterly destroyed my business, drove my wife away by forcing her to collude with them in order to save herself, and took steps to assure that I would never again return to gainful employment.

In 1986, when I had recovered and remarried, they did it all again, this time driving a teenage son to three attempts at suicide. During it all, I wrote to everyone I could think of (literally dozens of letters in each instance) - newspapers, TV, radio, congressmen, senators; every Soldier of Fortune Magazine.

Even when the government had resorted to outright attempts at murder (I was not only stopped more than a hundred times on the nation's streets and highways by belligerent cops incited by falsified police and credit records, I was wounded by a sniper, run down [six times] by vehicles, mugged repeatedly, and threatened by mail and telephone), no one helped so much as to acknowledge my calls for help.

I sure as hell sympathize with Wayne (in a manner only someone like me can, matter of fact), but I can't feel sorry for a nation that has let things go this far. "People have the government they deserve," the French essayist Michel de Montaigne once said.

I say amen.