Monday, April 09, 2007

"Non-Lethal"

The unidentified airman suffered second-degree burns during an evaluation of a non-lethal heat-ray gun this week in South Georgia.

How long would he have to cook before someone admits the potential for lethality?

I saw this device tested on "Future Weapons," a program that shows us all what is withheld from the Citizen Militia by the standing army. Some time back, I wrote "Things to Come," an analysis of weapons developments, for GUNS AND AMMO Magazine, where I concluded:
It's been said that a battle isn't won until a man with a rifle occupies the ground. We must keep in mind that someone probably once said the same thing about spears.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Despite their claims about non-lethal warfare, which is stupid on its face, the real use for this weapon will be domestic crowd control and dispersement.

Anonymous said...

Remember
Secretary of the Air Force Michael Wynne suggested exactly how such a weapon should be used.

He said :

"If we're not willing to use it here against our fellow citizens, then we should not be willing to use it in a wartime situation, if I hit somebody with a nonlethal weapon and they claim that it injured them in a way that was not intended, I think that I would be vilified in the world press."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14806772/

I have no illusions that gun banners would have any problem with such devices in government hands. The very notion of such devices appeals to their sensibilities.

Anonymous said...

my claims were not based on speculation.