Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Imagine My Dismay!

Yesterday I treated my granddaughter to a Happy Meal from McDonald's. Imagine my dismay when the toy for my young child was a gun!

Horrors! If that's not enough to soak the old knickers, I don't know what is.

In reality, I suspect this is either something the local manager did on his own without authorization--or perhaps even BS that the paper never checked out before printing. McDonald's is a politically correct corporation, and their current promotional toys are themed on "American Idol"--without a gun in the bunch.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Imagine my disgust at your dismay!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I agree with Grandma. A more appropriate gun would be a S&W Ladysmith. Really, what the kid needs is something better than a pop culture icon. She needs an inspirational message:

http://www.rleeermey.com/motivationalfigure.php

If Gramms is going to insist on taking her to that lard disposal facility, our chubby little princess may benefit from such motivational messages as: "You’ve got enough blubber hanging off of your fat frame to feed a family of Eskimos for a week."

Anonymous said...

Heh heh... You had me for a econd there, TJH!

Anonymous said...

Actually I'm pretty sure I've seen the "gun toy" locally. It's "American Idol" themed, and vaguely gun shaped, with some sort of flat squarish protrusion that breaks the similarity. Not watching the tv show, I have no idea what it is supposed to represent. I thought nothing of it at the time, mainly because I was too busy trying to figure out what it could possibly be since it obviously wasn't a "toy gun", despite the pistol grip.

Looking at the website you posted, it might be the rest of the toy behind the "hand" that isn't shown. As in, you have a pistol grip sort of thing that points the fingers of the hand in roughly the same way you would point in gun.

I don't think it's a big deal, but let's get our facts right.