Friday, July 13, 2007

We're the Only Ones Bringing Closure Enough

A grand jury Wednesday declined to indict a former sheriff's deputy in the shooting death of a teenager accused of stealing video game consoles...

"We're very pleased and we hope this will bring closure to a very difficult and tragic set of circumstance..."


I'm sure we'd be seeing the same "closure" and all parties would be "very pleased" had Peyton Strickland been the one to shoot an unarmed "Only One" through a door...

[Via ChareltonHest]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The larger tragedy here is that a grand jury made up of citizens refused to stand for law, and in fact, approved and rewarded state sponsored murder.

It is an atrocity against freedom that state agents (read governmental) can kill at will with no consequence, but the greater obscenity is that the majority of citizens support it.

I have quit having discussions with people over this. I now await the war. It is coming because we have too many extremely ordinary citizens who prefer subjugation and slavery and desire to live at the sufferance of their designated betters. American spirit of liberty is dead.

American system of justice under law has been repealed for the law of men who will kill to retain their immunity from the law the rest of us are subject to.

I'm tired of the debate, let the contest proceed to its unavoidable next arena.

I can see no reason for any American to observe the law of his own intent, except to avoid being caught and punished for breaking it. I have lost all respect for the law and lawmen and adjudicators. If they leave me alone, I will leave them alone. I strongly urge them that course.

I cannot bring as much total force to bear as the state, but I can and will bring as much intensity of force over a limited area as necessary to live and die free.