Monday, September 17, 2007

Darwin...Paging Mr. Darwin...

"When Callan saw me flinch away he reacted by saying `hey, I had better make sure this is empty' and he cocked the gun back once causing a bullet to fall out of the gun on to my bed," Mr Popple said.

"He held the gun up to the side of his head and pulled the trigger. I don't think he realised the gun was loaded. I think he just didn't realise ... that there were bullets left in the gun."

The solution to preventing such future tragedies, of course, is to disarm you and me.

4 comments:

West, By God said...

It seems to me that problems like this solve themselves.

Kent McManigal said...

This is the result of a society turning away from a familiarity with guns. As if ignorance is a virtue. Hand a chimp a loaded and cocked gun and sit back and watch the tragic results.....

Anonymous said...

Wow. This is just like that 7.62 minigun that David posted about the other day. We've got to do something about these rogue guns that are using their Jedi mind powers to make their owners put the muzzle to their heads before they discharge themselves. This gun has a good alibi in that the victim's friend saw him put his finger on the trigger. I'm scared. I sure hope one of my guns doesn't use its mind-control powers to do away with me...

Anonymous said...

From the article:

"During investigations soon after the shooting, police searched Mr Hogg's address and found more firearms, illegal drugs and a large amount of cash.

Police said Mr Hogg was unemployed, yet lived a "comfortable lifestyle". The source of his income, and why he had possession of firearms is unknown."


So this guy was no choirboy and no Rhodes scholar.

A little chlorine for the ole' gene pool.