Sunday, October 07, 2007

How Rudy and Michael Made New York Safer

A shirtless madman wielding stolen knives went on a bloody midtown rampage yesterday - stabbing a restaurant worker and a psychologist walking her dog before being shot by an off-duty cop, authorities said.

And how many more victims would there have been had an off-duty cop not just happened to be present?

Is this really what we want as a free people? To be butchered helplessly, with no defense except blind chance stepping in to save us?

This also puts the debate over mental health records for gun purchasers into perspective--if someone is too dangerous to trust with a gun, they are too dangerous to be running around with access to knives.

Anyone who can't be trusted with a gun can't be trusted without a custodian.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WAITAMINUTE...

Why didn't the psychologist negotiate with the madman?

I thought that civilized folks didn't need guns - that they were only necessary for unwashed rednecks who are too stupid to talk their way out of a problem.

I guess if a New Yawk shrink can't deal with a nut without getting hurt no one can.

I guess I'll have to keep carrying hardware. I can't pronounce ... I mean Im not very articulate... I mean I don't talk good.

Anonymous said...

Maybe the psychologist ought to have had a bigger dog. Oh wait, there's probably an ordinance about owning decent sized dogs too.

Joe Carpenter said...

I can sense it: Texas Smokehouse charged with Reckless Endangerment for supplying mental patient with murder weapons.