Monday, October 01, 2007

Time to Widen Investigation in Darrow Case

Been meaning to bring this up, but I've been under the weather lately. Anyway, it has to do with the Brett Darrow affair.

Others have already noted how the St. Louis police staked out the guy's home. Watch the new tape. Watch how they flee when a light is shined.

A formal complaint should be submitted to the St. Louis PD. Why were they there? Were they acting under orders or a free agents? Is there an ongoing investigation of Mr. Darrow? Is this not an overt act of intimidation and retaliation, and is this what all citizens can expect who dare to document theior encounters with the police, and who dare to insist on appropriate conduct by officers?

I don't know their law, but it seems making a u-turn in traffic when there is no emergency, simply to avoid being caught doing something you shouldn't be doing, is a traffic violation that any non"Only One" would be cited for. So I'd file a complaint and present the taped evidence for that, too.

One other item troubles me even more. The website St. Louis CopTalk posted Darrow's home address, along with an anonymous pledge of deadly violence against him, including:

A user calling himself "STL_FINEST" wrote the following item, presented unedited and in full:

in reply to "Who is this terd?"
I hope this little POS punk bastard tries his little video stunt with me when I pull him over alone- and I WILL pull him over - because I will see "his gun" and place a hunk of hot lead right where it belongs.
The post has been conveniently deleted and the forum owner claims he can only log back to the previous 300 posts. That doesn't smell right to me, particularly since we're told what marvelous forensics there are when the "Only Ones" want to use our computers against us--that they can even retrieve erased/deleted files. I have to believe there is a computer somewhere in the system that has a complete record for backup--those with special knowledge in this please correct me if I'm wrong.

Bottom line, Darrow prevailed because he could prove an Only One threatened him with made-up charges, and here we have another (apparently) threatening to make up a justification to kill him.

With what has gone before in this case, and knowing that the forum is moderated, I can't think of any legitimate excuse for an independent law enforcement agency not to seize all records and track down, identify and prosecute the warped little anonymous thug who made the threat. It's past time to track this sick, vicious animal down and render it incapable of harming humans.

[Via Say Uncle, Diary of a Mad IT Manager, DarkBlog]

6 comments:

Kent McManigal said...

If anything ever happens to him, we'll know who to suspect, won't we.

Anonymous said...

Too bad the original viewer didn't save the whole URL to the thread. We could all be viewing it in Google cache right now.

Anyway, conspiring to deprive someone of his rights or property is against the law. Least it would be if the conspirators were plotting against a senator, or some other type of Only One.

Anonymous said...

"I don't know their law, but it seems making a u-turn in traffic when there is no emergency, simply to avoid being caught doing something you shouldn't be doing, is a traffic violation that any non"Only One" would be cited for."

Quite a few places "allow" u-turns. However, to the best of my knowledge it is _not_ okay anywhere to run a red light or to cross a double yellow line (which he (?) did while making the u-turn). I'd bet dollars against donut holes that if Darrow had done either of those, he would have received more attention than any of us cares for.

Anonymous said...

Dave, I'll go poking around the Wayback Machine (archive.org) and see what I can turn up.

David Codrea said...

Good luck on that Peter--I did that before posting--it may actually be some time before these particular archives appear. Oh, by the way...;)

Anonymous said...

oooh! Picky picky! :)

I'll keep that in mind: after all, I'm 'Peter' and not 'Pete' (blecch!)


And you're right, I've had no success here, I've even tried to use the UserID to try to track this guy down.
FWIW, there is both a MySpace and a St Louis single's chatboard which has a user named STL_FINEST, although the single's site has that UserID in lower case.