Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A Czar for Mary

All around the cathedral the saints and apostles
Look down as she sells her wares.
Although you can't see it, you know they are smiling
Each time someone shows that he cares.




The Old Bird Woman must die! And leave it to Bürgermeister Bloomberg's New York enforcers to come up with a jackbooted police state final solution.

Look, I know the flying rats can be filthy as hell, and I really have no problem with finding incentives to discourage their out-of-control propagation, but a freaking "Pigeon Czar"? And as I usually ask whenever that term is employed, how come we never call them Führers?

If you find Mary Poppins too saccharine and treacly for your tastes (not me, I'm a sap for that kind of stuff, and having raised two cubs still know most of the Disney Sing Along Songs by heart), try this as a counterbalance.

2 comments:

Ken said...

And as I usually ask whenever that term is employed, how come we never call them Führers?

Every law has an unintended consequence...including Godwin's. ;-) You're right, though.

Anonymous said...

I guess I don't have to explain why I moved away from there, right?

Although there's a trough of tax money to be had (settlement $) when the first Little Old Lady from Forest Hills get charged under this and her lawyer son/daughter gets wind of it.

At least Rudy focused his Unconstitutional assault on squeegee men and other powerless groups. Bloomie is just plain stupid, but then again, you probably already guessed that.