Thursday, December 20, 2007

Fred Says "Buy a Gun"

UPDATE: BIG OOPS. I'd never heard of the website and didn't realize it was a satire site. Just goes to show you, we can all be had. I'm not deleting this post just to provide a reminder of that.

Republican Presidential candidate Fred Thompson today, upon hearing that rival Ron Paul’s supporters had raised $6 million in 24 hours to commemorate the Boston Tea Party, called on his supporters to match that figure in gun purchases before Christmas to mark George Washington’s victory at the Battle of Trenton.
That's a great move on his part, and he just went up a few notches in my esteem. Now if he'd just drop the "enforce existing gun laws" mantra...

[Via Vinnie]

8 comments:

Kurt '45superman' Hofmann said...

Alright, if Fred says so, although at $210 apiece, over 28,000 folks are going to have to join me, in order to get to the $6 million mark--AIM might not have enough in stock.

Justin Buist said...

Scrappleface.com is a satire site. Sorta like "The Onion."

Kurt '45superman' Hofmann said...

Oh sure--now you tell me . . . after I buy the TT-33, because I thought Fred wanted me to (alright--Fred was just my excuse, I'd been planning this purchase ever since AIM Surplus announced that the TT-33 had been ruled C&R eligible). It gets here tomorrow--yay!

David Codrea said...

Let's see, the post was up just over an hour before I posted the correction. You live in Illinois and you can buy an assault pistol weapon of war designed only to kill people in an hour using the internet and a telephone? Do Snuffy and Jesse know about this?

Kurt '45superman' Hofmann said...

I don't know if they're aware of that, or not--but they can take comfort in the fact that I'm among the BATFU's next list of targets.

Anonymous said...

You gotta tell me how you like it. I have its sister a CZ52. I like it capabilities,...a lot.

Kurt '45superman' Hofmann said...

SA, I have a Cz-52 also (a hard chrome one, with walnut grips). I like it a lot--but figured getting a "caliber buddy" for it would be cool. Being a 1911 fanatic, and given the TT-33's plagiarism of the 1911 design, I had to have it.

me said...

she's pretty Kurt. Makes the one I got look like a hammer...which I think is what someone used it as for a while.