Friday, January 25, 2008

Aid and Comfort to the Enemy

I caught a clip on CNN the other night, John Edwards shaking hands with men inside a gun store in South Carolina.

Seriously, what the hell?

Who were these fools smiling and greeting him? And who is the idiot gun store owner hosting the photo op?

Good grief, are the "sportsmen" and truly that clueless? That's a rhetorical question--I know from bitter experience that this should not surprise me.

I've looked high and low for the clip but no luck--anyone finding it, please chime in.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh. Anyone remember the brouhaha about Mrs. Edwards complaining about their neighbor being a rabid, rabid Republican and gun owner? I mean honestly, with over $5 million of property shouldn't you have enough buffer to keep your mouth shut?

Anonymous said...

According to:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-edwards_thursjan24,1,2647238.story

It was in Patrick.

Town of less than 400, and one I don't recall. (About 15 years ago, I had to visit every polling place in the state. Maybe my memory is going..)

Anonymous said...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-edwards_thursjan24,1,2647238.story

Sorry, thought it would linkify the link.