Saturday, February 09, 2008

And Now from the Candidate the VC* Love to Hate

Congressman Ron Paul has signed on to a letter to the President asking that an amicus curiae brief filed by U.S Solicitor General Paul D. Clement on DC v. Heller, otherwise known as the DC Gun Ban Case, be withdrawn...

Congressman Paul, as a strict constitutionalist and in keeping with his strong record on gun rights, has signed on to another brief submitted by several members of Congress which asks the Supreme Court to uphold the lower courts decision and allow the precedent of applying a stricter standard of review for gun control cases to stand.
Funny. I wonder why no headlines or announcements from Fairfax...?

The Paul campaign apparently has to pay for a press release on this, even though Paul is a presidential candidate and Cheney is not, and even though Paul signed onto two Heller-related documents and Cheney only signed one--and not the one directly challenging the "Vote Freedom First" President. Now that would be news.

It's a good thing I'm not suspicious or cynical, or I'd start to wonder if maybe the information I was getting had some sort of agenda behind it. I hate it when that happens, because then I just can't devote full attention to enjoying my Kool-Aid.

* Vichy "Conservatives"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"It's a good thing I'm not suspicious or cynical, or I'd start to wonder if maybe the information I was getting had some sort of agenda behind it."

Good heavens, no, David! That would mean there are political and ethical issues.

Anonymous said...

Those Fairfaxians do a good job protecting their political turf. Ours, not so much, if there is risk to theirs.

Ethical? They want to know what the word means. Something to do with sending more money? Yeah, they could use that if it works.

Once you can fake sincerity, you've got it made.