Saturday, February 02, 2008

A Cold North Wind

Request Federal Government to Completely Ban Handguns
in Canada

Moved by: Councillor Walker

Seconded by:Councillor Cho

...That City Council request the Parliament of Canada to institute mandatory sentencing(5 years minimum) of any person found guilty of possession of any handgun(s) or involvement in the sale or purchase of any handgun.
Just like if you were a real criminal, eh?

I think if I were a Canadian (Oops-I just found out that's a racist term, so maybe I better use "frostback," eh?), I'd be working at moving Walker and seconding Cho.

[Via Bruce Mills, a fine Canadian in the originalist sense, who I hope doesn't take offence at the attempted humor]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No problem, eh!

But I don't say "oot" and "aboot"...