Monday, February 04, 2008

A Real Stunner

His comments were branded "ludicrous" by school teacher Eileen Harrild, who was shot by Thomas Hamilton while trying to shield her pupils from his bullets during his rampage which claimed 17 lives at Dunblane in 1996.

She said: "I can't imagine how guns could be encouraged in any way, let alone as a form of fun. I really am stunned."

Really. Everybody knows it's better to be a helpless target. Just ask the Bishops.

And why does "The League Against Cruel Sports" sound like something to build a Monty Python skit around?

1 comment:

Sean said...

Kind of ludicrous to use yourself as a human shield, but then, if it's all you've got...... This is all like some bad dream about a western from when I was a kid, where the townspeople were all scared and yellow, and the bad guys were laughing at them and running amok, and finally somebody has the stones to pick up a gun and go to work and wax the scum. And all the while, me and my brothers are watching the TV and we cannot believe that people would be so cowardly and stupid and idiotic as to not see the common sense of doing what is clearly called for.Then I grow up and see this kind of thing, and it's like being in a never ending bad episode of the Twilight Zone. I guess if you have any courage at all, the total lack of it in others is a shock and a horror.