Wednesday, February 27, 2008

SD Right to Carry on Campus Updates

South Dakota Gun Owners has two Feb. 26 updates concerning the campus bill we've been discussing here, a synopsis, and their new strategy to shift focus to elections.

As my initial source for this story writes:
I was logging on to send another round of emails, but the SDGO is reporting that we're officially dead in the water as of today. I guess it's back to "don't ask, don't tell" for carry on campus. Too bad, I was going to start carrying a decent caliber. In the past I figured I had one "get out of jail free" in that I could claim ignorance (the LAW still say it's legal, it's just in violation of the regulations, as well as the higher law). That's going to be a harder sell now, since I've been fighting this. We've got a list of which politicians will stand w/ us and which won't...
I guess they need to make sure only "The Only Ones" are armed on campus so that all acts of armed terrorism against students and faculty will be official and approved.

1 comment:

Jerry The Geek said...

Yeah, right. What he said, except;
(My state of residence) law allows concealed carry on university property. So if I carry on campus (within certain limits, which generally don't actually allow "carry"), and I get busted, I don't have to worry about jail time.

Here's the catch: If I'm a student, I can expect to be "de-registered". If I'm faculty, or staff, I can expect to lose my job.

Is this a matter of campus policy? Yes. Is this written up somewhere so we all know what is "acceptable" and what is not? Not hardly.