Wednesday, February 06, 2008

The Unforgiven

Johnson was arrested and jailed over the weekend on a marijuana charge while awaiting sentencing on a federal weapons conviction.

On Tuesday, police added a theft charge stemming from reported use of a debit card that was left at a convenience store where he had worked. Johnson had a court appearance scheduled Tuesday.

Y'all know what went down at Jonesboro, right?

I don't care if he was a minor when he made the evil decision to sever himself from humanity. Some things are so broken they can't be fixed, and this defect is one of them. Whether or not God will forgive him is outside the scope of our control. But it could not be more evident that his actions were so deviant, there's no way to reestablish trust meriting his reacceptance into society.

I just read where a couple other young worthies are suing a newspaper for printing their names. I don't get where the age of an offender should outweigh my right to know there's a rabid animal loose in the neighborhood, so that I can take appropriate precautions to secure me and mine from predation. If the maladjusted neighbor kid is skinning puppies in satanic rituals, I want to know about it, especially if I have small children.

No comments: