Thursday, July 24, 2008

I Broke the Dam!

Memphis Police Director Larry Godwin and the city of Memphis have filed a lawsuit to learn who operates a blog harshly critical of Godwin and his department.
What, you mean this blog, Larry?

How dare they be critical of such a fine department! I mean, you yourself told us:

I don't view it as police corruption. I view it as rogue cops, because to me, if there is corruption, it goes all the way to the top.
Whew! Thank goodness you're at the helm! And as we've proven time and again here, it really is a rarity!

To think that such a fine public servant as yourself has been troubled by criticism moves me in such a way that I'm compelled to man up, before I cause you any more pain.

It's me, Larry. I wrote the blog.

Just like I broke the dam.

Hopefully, now you can find closure.

And if anyone else would like to help him find even more closure, feel free to write him at mpd@memphispolice.org with the subject line : Attn: Larry Godwin--I Wrote the Blog


[Via Brian F]

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww... David. You should have kept quiet. I would have loved to see the ACLU shield you. Better be careful though. He might rattle his sabre a little louder.

Anonymous said...

Oh for Pete's sakes David, you're not talking in such a way he's going to understand. Allow me to help you.
Sueeeeeeeeweeee Sueeeeeweeee here, here you filthy parasite, come and get it.

jon said...

deuce, free speech is still free speech, and when it isn't, a gun and a badge aren't going to save you or anyone else. anything less violent might seem severely uncomfortable but that's the price you pay for instituting government, or inheriting it and failing to abolish it or even tidy it up.

the man is a public servant and he wasn't graced with that sabre by rapists and robbers. if he's going to forget who to rattle it towards, maybe he should resign.

Anonymous said...

I get the impression that David didn't actually write the MPD Enforcer 2.0 blog; he's just having fun with Larry. His admonishment to do likewise seems to me to be of a "No, *I'm* Spartacus" nature than anything else.

David Codrea said...

So my link to the South Park clip gave me away?

Anonymous said...

I wrote the blog.

SamenoKami said...

No! I'm Spartacus.

Wait until he reads all the 'Only Ones.'