Wednesday, February 24, 2010

GRE Round Up for Feb. 24

There's some good stuff being turned out. I hope you're availing yourself of it, and importantly, sharing these links via emails, on blogs and forums, with your local newspaper editor, etc.

A common complaint is media bias and absence of representation for "our side."

These people work hard to change that and ask for nothing from those of us their labors serve other than to help spread the word. I hope no one thinks that's too much to ask.

Here are their latest offerings:

Dave Workman/Seattle:
Gun prohibitionists can’t be confused by facts

Kurt Hofmann/St. Louis:
'Progressive' thinking: 'I would sooner lay my child to rest' than defend him with a gun

Go. Read. And please share the links.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thought I would let you know that this letter to the editor (in the Hofman Article) was satire, as revealed here:

granitegrokDOTcom/blog/2009/12/muddleheaded_progressive_or_closeted_con.html

Maybe people shouldn't share this link. It's probably too late to undo this now though.

Kevin Wilmeth said...

Oh, I dunno, Anon. Kurt handled it pretty well, considering, and the self-styled sniper(s) seem to be doing a pretty good job of making his point for him.

I imagine Kurt's gnashing his teeth about it. I sympathize; that sort of thing would drive me nuts, and it could happen to any of us.

David Codrea said...

Yeah, go on over and give Kurt a hand.

W W Woodward said...

My comment to Kurt today after I sorta peed in the punch bowl yesterday:

Kurt,

You're doing a great job. Hang in there. When I first read the Van Gorder letter to the editor I was appalled that any idiot could actually be willing to sacrifice his child to the anti-gunner Ba-al. Sadly enough, there were people who supported this slant on efforts to disembowel the 2nd Amendment.

When I pointed out that the letter had been determined to be an attempt at satire I was most assuredly not attempting to find fault with your support of our right to keep and bear arms. You along with all the other GREs are in the front lines in this battle to retain our rights and I for one appreciate and support everyone of you.

[W-III]