Monday, January 03, 2011

Media coverage of ATF corruption investigation developments nonexistent

You won’t find this story in any newspaper or network. [More]
Today's Gun Rights Examiner column looks at dereliction of duty and betrayal by those entrusted to defend freedom.

If you agree that mainstream press coverage of the gun rights issue demands a counter-balance, please help me spread the word by sharing Gun Rights Examiner links with your friends via emails, and in online discussion boards, blogs, etc.

UPDATE: Had a Guns Magazine "Rights Watch" column due today that used up all my rant time--so unless something huge comes along, I'll be devoting the rest of the day to the demands of my other life, and expect to be back tomorrow.

4 comments:

Defender said...

Excellent scathing indictment, as the journalistas would say.
As the media continue to pander to the urban 40% of the population that's liberal, the rest of us are finding like-minded sources on the Internet. I wonder how Authorized Journalists will fare under net neutrality, when Uncle decides in every detail how they'll operate instead of them.
I see that the Southeast media giant I used to work for has managed to get its stock back up to $6.00 a share. Used to be $60. But why do things differently when you KNOW you're right? They feel, like Obama, that people are just too stupid to recognize their genius.

Defender said...

Gotta say, whether it gets published or not. You know "The Talk," that show that was supposed to be the conservative counter to "The View"? I have yet to see any political discussion on there, just bubblegum for the mind. Celebrity gossip, Jack Hanna's animals, holiday traditions, hubbies and wifeys upping the intimacy factor. Blech.

FP said...

My favorite example of "authorized journalists" was from a Meet the Press show. I think it was the summer of 2009, during the various healthcare townhalls etc.. It was Tom Brokaw and Tom Friedman talking about blogs, internet journalism if I recall correctly.

I almost fell out of my chair laughing when Brokaw says "don't trust everything you read on the internet" with a smirk and Friedman starts talking about how they (real journalists I guess) are the "sanitation engineers" wading through the muck to find the real gems of truth.

FP said...

Ok, not exactly as I remember it but I think this is the show I mentioned in my earlier post:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUf1H77jQXI