Friday, August 12, 2011

Now THAT'S Funny Right There

I don't know who to credit, but it was posted on Guns Values Board. And "Why Guys Shouldn't Play with Dolls" is a perfect caption.

As a boy, I always thought G.I.Joes were suspect for that reason--we didn't have the term "action figure" back then, and the kid in the neighborhood who had one was, like 11, a year younger than me, and he watched Jonny Quest, which, face it, was for children, so he was suspect too.  That I generally managed to find an excuse to be in the room when my little brother was watching it was entirely coincidental.

As for the neighbor kid's G.I. Joe? A stake, a blindfold and a Daisy was about the only thing we could figure to do with it that was any fun.

3 comments:

Robert Fowler said...

I was a little old for GI Joe. My younger brother (4 years) had one. I was a unabashed Johnny Quest fan. I watched it till I was about 13 or so.

As far as the picture, that is one of the funniest things I've seen. I may print it out and hang it over my bench.

Anonymous said...

It's been around a while and still makes me grin.

Chas said...

Girls play with "dolls", and a Michael Jackson doll might be termed an "action figure", but G.I. Joe is a "toy soldier" and the best one ever.