Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Physician, Heal Thyself

I'm getting emails asking if I've heard anything about new gun questions being asked by doctors as a result of Obamacare, as a new Medicare tactic for elderly suicides, and by the VA to determine if veterans are a danger to themselves and others.

I haven't had time to track any of these rumors down, so if anyone has heard anything definitive and can provide validating links or copies of new forms, please let me know.

In the mean time, if any doctor does engage in a boundary violation, ask him to fill out the embedded form for your medical record.

2 comments:

Divemedic said...

Not just Obamacare. I am in grad school right now to be a PA, and asking patients questions about guns is practically crammed down your throat.
http://street-pharmacy.blogspot.com/2012/02/gun-question.html

http://street-pharmacy.blogspot.com/2012/03/more-education.html

Robert Fowler said...

The only questions they ask e at the Va are if I ever think of hurting myself or others. Gun haven't come up, yet.