Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Vanderboegh Medical Update

Just got off the phone with Mike--he is undergoing a very painful procedure to...uh...move things along.

They may actually be releasing him on Friday, but I'll believe it when I see it.  When I talk to him he sounds like he's been through what he's been through.

I see from Sipsey Street some feel inclined to comment.  I wish you wouldn't, and would instead consider the effort it requires of him to respond, and the fighter's personality that compels him to.  I wish you'd do this instead--if you want to be helpful, send him your best wishes in a card.  From my post-op report:

Support can still be sent via the donation button at Sipsey Street Irregulars, and to   P.O. Box 926, Pinson, AL 35126...Cards can be sent to him via Trinity Medical Center, 800 Montclair Road, Birmingham, AL 35213.

2 comments:

drjim said...

Thanks for keeping us posted, David.

Anonymous said...

Yes, thanks David for all you and Mike have done. I am a Registered Nurse and have been for a little over 24 years. I have worked ER and ICU all of that time. Please let Mike know that rest is as important as exercise in recuperation. I'm sure the RN's taking care of him have told him this as well, but sometimes the same info coming from outside works better. Gary Griffin