Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Technical Difficulties?

Email received Friday:
Your War On Guns website has been freezing up my computer all day long. Tried it several times and still causing trouble. It is the only trouble I've been having. No links work and earlier it was loading very slowly. Anyone else having this problem? Gremlins at work?

Email received today:
Still a mess on IE8 but works on Firefox. Have no idea what's going on. Have changed nothing on my computer.
No one else has told me anything. I realize our individual setups can cause unique browsing experiences--does anyone else have the freezing/dead link problem? I'm not sure what I can do about it if you do, because Blogger is what it is and I have no independent webmaster skills--right now I'm just trying to get a feel for how widespread this is, or if it's confined to my correspondent.

13 comments:

Kent McManigal said...

No problem for me on Chrome.

opaww said...

I am having the same problem with IE, but Firefox works fine

David Codrea said...

I note he said "IE8" and it works ok for me but I have IE9.

Robert Fowler said...

I have had a problem with our local paper but your site and all the others I view have been fine. I'm also using Chrome.

Sean D Sorrentino said...

I'm running Internet Exploder 8 and your blog loads fine. A bit slow, but that's probably not your fault.

MamaLiberty said...

No problem with Firefox on a Ubuntu linux operating system.

The guy probably needs to clear out his cashe and dump a few billion "cookies."

blackdog said...

working fine here on explorer

Bear said...

I normally run Firefox (FF15) which is working fine.

Started up IE8 (I'm on dialup; be damned if I'll update it). It always loads pages slower, mainly because my FF addons block a lot of crap that IE tries to load. Had a bit of a pause as it loaded something from "googleads", but that was about it. IE8 seems to be working as well [sic] as usual. Nothing unusual.

Steve said...

There is definitely something screwy with IE 8. Give me a few and I'll see what I can find.

matt_ said...

I visit the site at least twice a day. Yesterday it was loading a lil slow for me, but it loaded. Seems to be working fine on Linux or winXP w/ Firefox...

CarlS said...

IE9 (with fully up-to-date Win7) loads your site in the blink of an eye. Literally. And all links work well. The reader needs to ensure the computer is updated; there are several security updates for IE and for Windows that are "needful" due to recently discovered worms, trojans, and (probably not government) spywares that are now in the wild.

Steve said...

Try disabling/removing the Leaders section (Google Friend Connect) at the bottom of the left side. That seems to be what is causing IE to freeze up on me.

It pops up fine in Firefox, though.

Don said...

I've been having problems for days.
Takes forever to load; when I back up from a link, graphics very slow to reload.
I was blaming my old computer. Using IE.