Sunday, February 17, 2013

Who is Jerry Thompson?

I can't seem to find anything out about the guy, and so far, he's not shown an inclination to come out of hiding.

Who is this Jerry Thompson?  If he's going to represent himself a a 2A-defending gun owner with credibility for influencing elections, you'd think there'd be some trace of him somewhere. 

Especially with all the way he is now showing up all over the internet, including all the news stories featuring him, from USA Today (a Gannett paper, natch) to the Guardian in the UK.

So if he's going to have this much influence, don't you think maybe one of the "Authorized Journalists" so quick to share his name might be inclined, on behalf of their readers, to ask who the hell this guy is?

As a side note, were I an Ohio FFL and he walked into my shop, I'd tell him I didn't want his business and to get out.  And I'd also boycott any shop that knowingly sells to him after this, that is, assuming he's actually an active gun owner.

6 comments:

Nairb said...

I'd bet you the guy is an actor hired by the anti's. If he is indeed an actor, someone is bound to recognize him.

On the other hand, does no one in Ohio know a private investigator to check this out?

The Stark Raving Viking said...

Keep up the good work.

I will be checking in on your blog for more of your posts.

Bigus Macus said...

Say no more, that fact that he is linked with moveon.org speaks volumes.

Roger J said...

It shows the blindness of MoveOn.org that they would consider a "2nd Amendment" supporter who favors gun/mag bans even a believable character. Unless, of course, Mr. Thompson is the type of supporter who believes the 2nd is all about letting state National Guards have guns...

Bear said...

When I couldn't find anything else about Thompson in Ohio, I widened the search. Still nothing. My next thought was that "Jerry Thompson" was a character portrayed by an actor. But I did some screen shots and image searches, and still couldn't turn up anything. Be interesting to see if "Thompson" starts making in-person appearances and interviews.

In the meantime, gun shops should start posting pictures of the person by the registers and refuse to do business with him... because I'd suspect that any transaction he attempted would be part of a Bloombergesque "sting".

Anonymous said...

I guess they thought we would not believe he existed if they called hin 'Benedict Arnold' ... or John Thompson ...