Friday, May 03, 2013

And the Crowd Went Wild

At the NRA’s main exhibit, it is literally standing room only. As this is written, Judge Janine Pirro, host of Fox News’ Justice with Judge Janine, is speaking to a huge audience at the NRA’s Leadership Conference. The crowd roars when she talks about the right to keep and bear arms being essential, and how it is nobody’s business whether she owns a gun for personal protection. [More
Short memories? I wonder how many even know... (besides the ones who invited her)...?

Look, if she has come out and repudiated her past positions, apologized for them and promised to sin no more, I'm all for giving a second chance.  In the absence of that, forgive me my cynicism -- or don't.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The ruling elite, the hangers-on, the wannabees and the tools of oppression know the drill; just throw some kibbles & bits to the hayseeds and watch as they embrace their recent enemies.
Another con job, that's all it is.

Anonymous said...

I'm in H-town, did not make the CONvention due to other commitments, but find this affirmation of the weasels discomfitting. In other words I do not trust my supposed allies as they don't have the wherewithal to vet these fakes, phonies and frauds.
I'm an NRA lifer, signed on when it might have meant something, but now see LaPierre et al making a fine living off the hayseeds while avoiding dealing a death blow to the slime bags who will do all they can to take our rights, liberties and freedoms.
Much as the 'drug warriors' profit from battling the 'drug cartels', our 2A allies profit from keeping the tyrants in business.
But what do I know, I'm just a world weary high school grad with some travel time to gawd awful parts of the globe under my belt.
Thank God my kid is way smarter than me...maybe he will find the way...