Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Burlington Updates

I keep running onto that "there's only one of me" limitation, and have received several updates on the situation in Burlington that I have not had -- and probably won't get -- time to write up in a column.

Here are some updates:

Video of citizens addressing council

Here's a picture of that. Orange = pro-gun/Green = useful idiots.
I'm told: 
The photo shows a fraction of the pro-gun folks present.  After there were so many pro-gun
folks in attendance, the city council had to open the second story balcony.
Evan Hughes of Vermont Federation of Sportmen's Clubs was on NRA News/Cam & Company the other day--I don't see the video posted yet, but if it is, it will be available on their website.

There are some communications back and forth between the city and VFSC in re their FOIA request. The best I can suggest is those interested --and all who don't want to see city's override state preemption ought to be, if for no other reason than to see a real world example unfolding on how to fight that-- is to bookmark the VFSC website and blog and monitor them for updates.

I'm sure I'll be doing future detail reports on this situation as developments occur, but for now, as I said, there's only one of me and there are plenty of other balls in the air that need to be juggled.

UPDATE: The Council is spoiling for trouble regardless.   Hey, it's not their personal money that will be involved in the legal proceedings...

No comments: