Monday, October 28, 2013

Duality

What I don't get is "dual citizenship"--who do they owe primary loyalty to? [More]

No one puts a gun to the head of people who want to be Americans to make them take this oath:
I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state or sovereignty, of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the armed forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God.
I don't get why it is in our interest to allow that to be a nod and a wink, and then formally recognize we don't really mean it

Ain't that right, Arnhole?

2 comments:

MamaLiberty said...

I do not "OWE" any kind of loyalty or service to any state, any kind, anywhere, including the USA. I owe loyalty - mutual aid and defense - to my family, and those of my community who engage with me in voluntary association and cooperation.

Anything else is subservience to the collective. A "citizen" is a vassal of the state, a slave. You either own yourself, or you don't, and it is impossible to serve two masters.

David Codrea said...

As I said, no one put a gun to their head to take that oath.