Friday, October 11, 2013

More Than One Way to Skin a Database

I’m not trying to be insulting, but any database that doesn’t have the input, guidance, formatting and QA to ensure its fidelity from the civilian population doesn’t stand a chance of being anything other than a joke.  That’s why the progressives want it codified into law. [More]
Like the NFRTR?

My own belief is some 4473 copying is probably going on for specific LE investigative purposes, but that's not an efficient way of getting around the law.  Since the government has oversight and monitoring on banking, I would not be surprised if credit card transactions and even signed checks for gun and ammo purchases were able to be sorted out of the mix--I'd actually be surprised if that is NOT happening, and I'd like to see some oversight inquiries made.  Since it would not be ATF doing it, I don't see how Congressional funding restrictions would be applicable, but I'd still like to have that investigated.

And while we're at it, why not compile in all those permit records? 

1 comment:

Robert Fowler said...

I have been called a few times by the ATF Tracing center. They have a specific name and I give them the info they need over the phone. I have never had one copy anything and I have never transmitted info to them. If agents are making copies of 4473's, they are violating the law. The lady that audited me didn't copy anything down either. She did show me the mistakes I was making and chewed my ass pretty good but that was it.

Here in Iowa, all you need is a request to the sheriff's office and the county's weapons permit info is yours. Here in Polk county (Des Moines) they charge $10.00 and it's all on a disk. All the better for the papers to print our names.