Wednesday, December 11, 2013

A Man's Man

I’d been trained in mass-shooting protocol through the Department of Justice’s Safe Schools program... [More]

No wonder you were helpless, useless to yourself and everyone around you, admit you made "foolish" choices, and didn't even have the presence of mind to realize you had a cell phone.

So your solution is to disarm the rest of us who may not fall to pieces, and want different options than to run, hide and pray we're lucky while those around us are being slaughtered?

And then you dare to pull out the "who needs more than five rounds to kill a deer?" non-argument?

Here's the kicker:
I considered myself a man’s man, someone who would, if need be, sacrifice himself for others. I learned I’m not as stalwart a soul as I thought. My shame is the most significant lingering impact of the shooting, and no amount of counseling (I’ve had plenty) or comforting words (folks have been ever so kind) can erase the psychological scars.
Oh, that explains so much.  The guy doesn't dare face what it would mean if someone didn't fall apart and actually prevailed through preparation and decisiveness.

[Via Russ S]


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is too bad that the courthouse was not a gun free zone. Oh wait, it was. Well, I wonder why the brave judge was not completely safe and secure? I am totally shocked.

Anonymous said...

Just because he was a coward, it does not follow that we all are.
Paul in Texas

RVN11B said...

I tried, really tried, to completely read that article. But my disgust was just too strong. Hell it still is!