Friday, December 27, 2013

Disappointing, But Hardly Unexpected

Take a good look.  I'd estimate probably 97% will do what they're told and come up with all kinds of rationalizations for it. [More]

It's a terrible choice to force someone to make. Most will opt for the illusion of temporary safety, as opposed to mass civil disobedience.  It's just the way things are.

The handful who defy are made more vulnerable.  Of course, such radicals are generally chastised by the more pragmatic for making "us" all look bad anyway. Hey, if we don't like the law, we can work democratically to change it, right?

Get used to it, happy few.

[Via bondmen]

3 comments:

Chas said...

There are ducks in New York who say:
FUAC! FUAC! FUAC!

Anonymous said...

Well, with an organization like CCDL very publicly telling everyone to register, this is no surprise. Other organizations are trying to give people the information to make an educated decision, while their efforts are in vain with the apologists telling everyone to register or perish.

Anonymous said...

If we are mark'd to die, we are enow
To do our country loss; and if to live,
The fewer men, the greater share of honour.
God's will! I pray thee, wish not one man more.
By Jove, I am not covetous for gold,
Nor care I who doth feed upon my cost;
It yearns me not if men my garments wear;
Such outward things dwell not in my desires:
But if it be a sin to covet honour,
I am the most offending soul alive.
No, faith, my coz, wish not a man from England:
God's peace! I would not lose so great an honour
As one man more, methinks, would share from me
For the best hope I have. O, do not wish one more!
Rather proclaim it, Westmoreland, through my host,
That he which hath no stomach to this fight,
Let him depart; his passport shall be made
And crowns for convoy put into his purse:
We would not die in that man's company
That fears his fellowship to die with us.

III