Friday, December 13, 2013

Don't Quit Your Day Job?

Tonight I was raided by a joint DEA / ATF task force in connection with my day job at the cannabis dispensary. They actually revoked my FFL and took every fire arm I was in possession of, which included your guns and receivers. [More] 
I haven't seen any confirmation of this anywhere, so if anyone has any knowledge, please share it.

I now the feds haven't recognized state medical marijuana initiatives, and ATF specifically said users are prohibited, but I'm not aware of a rule that says if you work in a dispensary and don't use it that you can then be singled out like this.

Update: I asked a respected source if he was aware of any rule about that, and here's his reply:
No, not at all. Never heard of such a thing. Always more to these stories though. Seizing the guns too is a big step. Suggests to me there's something criminal afoot, or they would just take the FFL and leave the guns to be taken in by the licensee personally.
[Via bondmen]

2 comments:

Bear said...

Pretty lean on the info over there. Based on the poster's profile and sig line, I tried searches for Arizona and Alaska. Turned up nothing. Checked the ATF Pressroom page (http://www.atf.gov/press/field.html) and didn't see anything that looked likely. No date was given; since he said he "arranged to get the rifles tomorrow", I'm starting with the assumption that was within the last few days. Maybe the ATF is still writing up their PR.

If nothing else, this:
"Andy, I got some real bad news for you man. Tonight I was raided by a joint DEA / ATF task force in connection with my day job at the cannabis dispensary." - Unknown Internet Idiot

... is going to be a heckuva sig line, as someone else over there noted.

Anonymous said...

Blame the victim, is it? Who owns your body, anyway?

If someone can't be trusted to own their own body around drugs, they can't be trusted without a custodian.

-PG