Monday, January 06, 2014

An Uplifting Experience

And the sculpture will use recycled metal that came from parts of confiscated guns that were melted.[More]
I wonder if any of those had been walked? 

You know what would be great?  Invite some cartel folks to the unveiling. I'm sure they'll be moved.

What I don't get is, if El Paso has $70,000 to spend on this kind of nonsense, why are they hitting up property owners for a tax increase?

It sounds like the only things being lifted, up or otherwise, are productive people's wallets. 

[Via Florida Guy]

2 comments:

Chaplain Tim said...

This sounds familiar. Back during the original "Million Moms March" (Mother's Day 2000), they had a prop they used, a large bell they said was made out of melted-down firearms. When I heard it rung on TV, I knew they were lying because all metals have a distinctive sound when cast and that bell wasn't made of steel or brass. Upon doing my research, I found that the clapper inside the bell was the only part made from recycled firearms. I'm looking for references now, but it seems that the bell has gone down the memory hole since it was proven to be a fake.

Chaplain Tim said...

I found a reference from 2010: https://www.commondreams.org/newswire/2010/05/06-15