Monday, April 07, 2014

Speechifyin'

Here's the audio of my Saturday speech in Hartford. [Listen]

I understand video will be available shortly, and will pass that along when it is, along with an after-rally report, but the good thing about "sound only" is you can't see how wiped out I looked.  I'll confess, it took every ounce of physical endurance to make the trip to and from, and to stand for hours in the cold. I'm surprised I'm not bedridden right now, but the day is young.

This getting old and mortal is for the birds.  Especially since Jonathan, the guy who put this together, had a wonderful-smelling cigar he was smoking and indicated he had one for me, and I had to beg off because I'm not ready to resume my normal life of revelry and debauchery just yet...

4 comments:

Mike H said...

Glad it went well. Pneumonia's tricky. Take care!

Radio Patriot said...

Looking forward to hearing all about it on my radio program -- The ANDREA SHEA KING Show, 9p EDT.

Find David and me THIS Thursday night at

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/askshow/2014/04/11/the-andrea-shea-king-show--david-codrea

Welshman said...

Getting older and more prone to illness is a bitch, David. I had to give up my cigars and pipe tobacco because of respiratory conditions, except on special occasions. I find it is easier to do if I know that every now and then I can have a good smoke.

Having said that. Try to do what they tell you to care for yourself -- at least most of the time. To lose you now would be awfully premature.
Anthony

David Codrea said...

No plans on checking out prematurely, but then, these things are rarely planned. Yeah, I haven't had a stinky see-gar or a couple fingers of the good stuff over ice in a month now and it's getting old--If you DO lose me, try checking behind the couch...I may have rolled...