Thursday, May 15, 2014

GOA Responds to Sasse Charges

Ben Sasse is unequivocally a pro-gun candidate and he filled out our detailed candidate questionnaire with 100% accuracy. He affirmed unequivocally that gun free zones and legislation proposing mandatory background checks on the private sale of firearms are unconstitutional and violate the rights of law-abiding gun owners. [More]
Fine and good, but this does not address the very specific allegations, particularly as they relate to  Sasse presiding over a "gun free zone" and the immigration tie-in.

I've urged GOA to break down the details, including via email, and this general statement doesn't do that. As I'm always quick to point out disconnects between NRA grades and candidates, I'm not going to expect any different standards here.  I hope they do, because until they do, this will hurt them.

1 comment:

bondmen said...

Good on you David for keeping the pressure on America's premier no compromise gun organization, my personal favorite. I gave money to Sasse because Ted Cruz asked me to and Sarah Palin was on board as well. If we can't trust these three, who can we trust? Yes, it's true, in the Lord God Almighty put your trust only!