Friday, June 20, 2014

We're the Only Ones Pimping Enough

Prosecutors charged a veteran King County sheriff’s deputy Thursday with helping his estranged wife work as a prostitute, stealing department ammunition and illegally delivering testosterone in a case that could implicate other deputies and commanders in the department. [More]
And the story gets even better, with ammo, brass, domestic assaults and...

“The worst part about this is the culture that existed that allowed this to happen”...
What, you mean that culture we've been discussing here on a regular basis for years?

Say, those are quite a few "few bad apples"... why, if I didn't know better, I'd start to think it's systemic and pervasive, and that someone would do something about it. You know, before people are left with no choice but to either suffer continued outrageous abuses with no "legal" defense or recourse, or deal with intolerable conditions themselves...

I know, I'm just a cop basher. I haven't goose-stepped a mile in their jackboots. And the next time I'm in trouble, I should rescue myself instead of expecting them to come protect and save me.

[Via Jeet]

3 comments:

anhourofwolves said...

but decided to keep the investigation in-house to “clean up our own mess.”

Riiight....

Bill in IL said...

David, I would call that a rather large Rogue Subset. . .

Anonymous said...

A spate, perhaps?