Wednesday, June 18, 2014

What's in a Name?

First they came for the Redskins, and I did not speak out because I was not a Redskin. [More]

And hey, anybody offended by the terms "colored people" and "negro"?  But those are Prozi groups, so they're exempt.

How far are they from refusing to trademark names of groups that have the word "gun" or "rifle" because of how negatively the hissing MILMs say those words make them "feel"?

The story doesn't say, and trying to find the individuals responsible for the 2 - 1 decision is something I just don't have time to track down -- and I spent a few minutes trying.  I'd like to know who to hold personally accountable.

An appropriate response would be for Congress to apply some selective defunding, but I doubt anyone has the guts to even broach the subject, knowing how they'd then be tarred with the new scarlet letter, "R."

Too bad, because it's pretty evident where those who seek to control everything would like to take this.

1 comment:

Bear said...

I happpened across the actual order this morning.

The decision was made by Administrative Trademark Judges Kuhlke, Cataldo, and Bergsman and the opinion was written by Kuhlke.

I don't think this is going to work out the way they thought. [grin]